Jobs At Tom Hess Music Corporation
AT TOM HESS MUSIC CORPORATION, WE BELIEVE IN:
Excellence - At the heart of our company is our commitment to deliver nothing but excellence. We create excellence. We sell excellence. We demand excellence from ourselves and our employees.
Tom Hess Music Corporation is the dominating #1 leader in 2 of its 3 main categories/markets:
- Online Guitar Lessons
- Guitar/Music Teaching And Teaching Business Coaching
- Music Career Mentoring
We expect, demand and tolerate nothing less than being the dominating #1 leader with the best products, services and customer service in the marketplace in all three categories. Being #2 in any category is totally unacceptable to us.
People working at Tom Hess Music Corporation are the company's driving force. Hungry to succeed and passionate to achieve, we constantly strive for the absolute best. We are eager and ambitious, with an unstoppable drive, passion and burning desire for excellence. Above all, we find joy in our work, and in delivering the best for the company and our clients.
Determination: Driven and determined, ambitious and aggressive, we continuously compete with each other In order to push ourselves into a deeper greatness. We vigorously compete with our competitors to out-think, out-implement and out-achieve each of them.
Commitment: In our ranks, we accept nothing less than total loyalty to our company, to ourselves and to delivering massive positive results for our clients. Rock solid commitment to achieving every goal with excellence and on time is what we demand of ourselves and everyone around us.
Passion: We wholeheartedly believe in our company. Its vision and goals are our personal mission, and we enthusiastically embrace and relentlessly pursue them. We deeply care about our clients and them achieving their own goals. We expect from ourselves to be champions, and we want nothing less for our clients who we help to reach THEIR personal and business goals.
Integrity: We set high standards in everything we do. We expect each employee to set very high standards for himself/herself on his/her own. We are here to support each other, but not to babysit nor be anyone’s parent nor teach anyone what integrity means and how to apply it in everything one does within our company. We don’t tolerate excuses from ourselves, nor from each other.
Welcome to Tom Hess Music Corporation.
WHAT WE DO
No matter what role you fit into, whether it's MARKETING ASSOCIATE, MARKETING ASSISTANT or AUDIO & VIDEO EDITOR, you’ll be playing a crucial part in literally transforming guitar players' and musicians' lives across the planet because you will be an important part of the world leader in guitar instruction, music career mentoring and music school coaching.
WHAT IS IT LIKE TO WORK AT TOM HESS MUSIC CORPORATION?
On a typical work day, you begin working towards your one or two most important goals. Afterwards, you work toward achieving your secondary goals. Next, you invest time into learning a new skill (or deepening an existing skill) so that you are continuously learning, growing and advancing in your career at Tom Hess Music Corporation. Imagine collaborating with, learning from and being inspired by some of the smartest, most creative, most innovative, most passionate people in the world. Learning and doing the freshest, most innovative ideas in the world of music education and personal growth for musicians.
TOP 10 REASONS TO BUILD YOUR CAREER AT TOM HESS MUSIC CORPORATION:
- WORK FROM HOME: If you’ve ever worked from home before, then you know how great it is and the wonderful sense of pride and freedom it brings you. (*does not apply to audio/video editor positions)
- NO WASTED TIME COMMUTING: At most jobs, if you work 40 hours per week, you spend (waste) another 5-10 hours per week commuting, fighting through traffic and enduring unnecessary stress during your commute. Life is short, don’t waste hundreds of hours per year commuting!
- WORK FROM VIRTUALLY ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD: You can live and work from anywhere in the world. All you need is a stable internet connection.
- WORK ON THE DAYS YOU WANT TO WORK: With a few small exceptions, you choose the days you want to work and the days you want to take off. Our focus is on achieving goals and producing results. What days you work to deliver those results is up to you for the most part.
- SCHEDULE YOUR OWN WORK HOURS: In addition to choosing the days you work, you also choose the time of day (or night) you work. There are a few small exceptions where we need everyone to be present at a specific time, but 98% of the time, the freedom of choice is yours.
- CHANGE YOUR WORK DAYS AND/OR WORK HOURS FROM WEEK TO WEEK: You do not need to create a work schedule that is the same each week. We offer you the flexibility to change when you work from week to week. We expect you to produce great results, we do not intend to micro manage your time. You’re a big boy/girl, we trust you to manage your own time effectively in order to achieve your weekly goals.
- 401K PLAN:Tom Hess Music Corporation offers a (non matching) 401k plan and a profit sharing plan for US citizens working in the United States.
- PROFIT SHARING PLAN: Tom Hess Music Corporation offers a competitive profit sharing plan as part of your retirement benefit package (US citizens only).
- YOU GROW LIKE YOU'VE NEVER GROWN BEFORE: Your typical work week is 45 hours. Of this time, we allow you to spend 5 hours a week studying a new skill (or deepening an existing one). Tom Hess Music Corporation strongly encourages its people to continuously become smarter and more skilled in areas that help us reach our goals faster and better. Our people grow immensely in their careers and lives because of it. We love to help you learn and perpetually improve your skillsets and knowledge.
- TOP PERFORMERS AT TOM HESS MUSIC CORPORATION ARE RESPECTED, RECOGNIZED AND REWARDED VERY WELL.
HOW TO JOIN THE TEAM
We’re seeking champions! We know that definition is vague. But trust us, if you are one, you know it. :)
Selection Process/What To Expect
You will need:
- A 3 min video cover letter where you state three reasons why you are uniquely qualified for this job and 3 reasons why you want to work for Tom Hess Music Corporation.
- A resume in PowerPoint format - create a presentation demonstrating the story of your career.
- Links to the best things you’ve written or created so we can see proof of your talents.
When you find a particular role that interests you, apply by sending all of the above to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you submit your application, it will be fully reviewed within 7 days. If we think there is a potential match, you will move to step 2.
Screening Process - Part 1
In step 2, you will complete an application form and will be given a specific assignment to do. If we find a match, then you will move to step 3.
Screening Process - Part 2
In step 3, you will be given a second assignment to do. If we find a match, then your profile is shortlisted and we will contact you to arrange the interviews.
We will arrange GoToMeeting interviews.
If your interview is successful, you'll be offered a job.
After You Are Hired
So you’ve had your interview and received the offer letter. What happens next?
We will send you all documents together with our employee handbook. We created the handbook specially for our new hires so that they are introduced to Tom Hess Music Corporation, our culture and day-to-day life in the company. You will have an Introductory Meeting with the executives and your direct manager on day 1. You will also be exposed to Introductory Training that will help you build basic skills before you hit the ground running.
Web Developer & Programmer
Audio & Video Editor (local only - Cary, IL area | work from home does not apply to this position)
Entry Level Marketing Associate