Most guitarists are naturally skeptical that something as simple as “tracking guitar playing progress” can make a massive difference in their ability to reach their musical goals. They think that progress can only occur from practicing new guitar exercises or learning more new things about playing/music…and they are wrong.
Want proof? Read this report about improving your guitar speed to see how (and why) guitar players who track their progress make up to 35.8% more progress in their speed compared to those who do not.
Learn In 10 Minutes
EMAIL TO GET ACCESS
Here are the biggest reasons why tracking guitar playing progress has such a massive impact on every single aspect of your playing:
Reason #1 – You Will Get Fast At Achieving Your Goals By Tracking Guitar Playing Progress
By failing to monitor your progress, you never know if you are on track to reach your guitar playing goals and how effective your practicing really is. Without these insights, many guitar players become easily distracted with “shiny objects” - new exercises, guitar licks, tricks, ideas and concepts that pull you even further away from your primary guitar playing goal(s).
In contrast, those who do track guitar playing progress regularly with all of their musical skills know exactly how their playing responds to every item they practice. As a result, they can continue doing more of what is working and refine or replace the things that aren’t working. This increased efficiency that comes from tracking yourself enables you to achieve guitar playing progress faster.
Incidentally, the advantages of tracking guitar playing progress are not exclusive to musicians only. Imagine what would happen if students in schools learned without receiving grades in the subjects they were studying...or if cars were designed without tracking, monitoring and optimizing their performance. Answer: students would have no way to assess the results of their studying and would lack motivation to improve their academic achievements. Tracking and monitoring of progress is mandatory for top performers in virtually every area of life …and it is just as critical for guitarists who want to achieve guitar playing progress in their goals faster.
Reason #2 – You Will Maximize Your Motivation To Practice Guitar Every Day
As you refine the effectiveness of your guitar practice from tracking guitar playing progress, several great things will happen:
1. You will feel a lot more motivated to practice guitar (because you know that you will become a better guitarist each time you pick up your instrument).
2. You will become addicted (in a good way) to practicing and continuously reaching higher levels in your guitar playing.
3. Points 1 and 2 will reinforce each other, creating a self-sustaining guitar playing progress loop that makes you a better guitarist even faster.
Reason #3 - You Will Become Aware Of ALL Of Your Guitar Playing Strengths And Weaknesses
When you use the very best and most complete tool for tracking your musical progress, you get to analyze your musical skills on 2 fundamental levels:
10 Solutions For Musical Frustration
Discover 10 ideas that will help you solve guitar playing frustration.
How To Reach Guitar Playing Goals
Learn how to reach your goals for guitar with this free mini course.
1. The big picture level - which shows you a bird’s eye view of how different musical skills are improving. For example, you may track your progress with guitar playing technique, music theory knowledge and fretboard visualization and see how your overall skills improve in each area. This is the “big picture level” of tracking guitar playing progress.
2. The microscopic level - which breaks down the bigger musical skill you are tracking into many small elements that together form your overall skill level. This tells you not only where you are with the specific skill you are tracking, but WHY you are at the level you are and what you must do to progress past your current limitations.
For example, in this free report about building guitar speed you can see the main skill of “guitar playing speed” broken down into 6 elements of guitar technique. When these 6 elements are practiced, tracked and mastered, your overall maximum speed will go through the roof.
Reason #4 - Tracking Guitar Playing Progress Eliminates Doubt And Fear
Tracking guitar playing progress is like having a detailed map guiding you towards your guitar playing goals.
When you know exactly what you need to do every day to become a better guitarist, you develop a great sense of confidence in your potential to reach your guitar playing goals.
Now that you know the benefits of tracking guitar playing progress, take action to learn how to monitor your musical skills and begin doing this as part of your practicing on an ongoing basis.
To learn more about the specific ways you should be tracking guitar playing technique, get this free report about increasing your guitar speed and apply the advice within to start tracking guitar playing progress better and getting big results.